Headrest Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Tahoe with black/grey cloth. I want to put in headrest moniters. I just want moniters no DVD because I have a DVD headunit for output. Has anyone done a DIY install of moniters? Can you get replacement headrest in case I mess one up? That's about it. Thanks.Zach

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done one, but seen it done. Looks fairly straight forward. They also have pre cut headrests you can replace your stock ones with. check out youtube a bit.

OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done one, but seen it done. Looks fairly straight forward. They also have pre cut headrests you can replace your stock ones with. check out youtube a bit.

Pre-cut that would be amazing. I'm going to try to google abit more.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

I can't seem to come up with Pre-cut so I'm just going to try to get a part number from a dealer and order a replacement headrest to work on to start with.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many options to consider with a DVD headrest install. Many units that are already assembled (like the OEM ones) will have the DVD players built right in. This will allow two separate videos to be played at the same time. Others, which sounds more like what you are looking for, are just a screen, and require a separate DVD player as a source (like the radio head unit).

You can get anything you want with the right amount of money. Even installing your own screen can get expensive if you want something nice. Here are some of the things to consider -

1. Vizualogic offered a nice option that was just the screens installed in, and factory matched to the vehicle headrests. Note: Some do have DVD players. It appears the product has been discontinued at Crutchfield, but a seller on eBay still has a listing HERE.

2. Another route is this eBay seller HERE. They offer factory matched headrests (colors and material) as well. Only, these screens are offered not only as DVD players, but are also touch screens. They seem pretty nice, but unfortunately come at a cost.

3. This is probably the cheapest option, but installing your own screens will require some DIY work. The best thing to do is to watch videos on how others do this. I will provide some links -

- How to Install Headrest TV's Part 1
- How to Install Headrest Tv's Part 2
- How to Install Headrest Tv's Part 3

Of course, this all requires that you have a screen to install, and a headrest to work with. If you go this route, I would highly suggest that you purchase extra headrests to do the install on so you don't ruin your factory ones. Finding a screen can be as simple as doing a google search, but a decent one I have come across, and one that doesn't cost a great deal of money, is made by Clarion. The Amazon product page is located HERE.

I know that is a lot of information, but there is much to consider here. I would suggest that you also check eBay and Craigslist. You just may find a great deal. When I was looking I considered all of these options, but ended up finding a pair of OEM headrests with the built in DVD players for just over $300.00. I couldn't pass up that deal, especially considering that they were the cashmere leather that I have in my Tahoe. I hope that helps! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Good Luck!! :Handshake:

Last edited:

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dylan,

Your input is the type of response that makes this forum the best. You gave the OP very detailed info and pretty much did all the work for him in terms of options, etc. That was very informative...good job bro. Nice of you to do all that. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We carry vizualogic. It's GM standard. They are awesome units, we have them our personal suburban. They are pricey, but worth the money and resale value.

That $1039 shipped is a great price!

OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many options to consider with a DVD headrest install. Many units that are already assembled (like the OEM ones) will have the DVD players built right in. This will allow two separate videos to be played at the same time. Others, which sounds more like what you are looking for, are just a screen, and require a separate DVD player as a source (like the radio head unit).

You can get anything you want with the right amount of money. Even installing your own screen can get expensive if you want something nice. Here are some of the things to consider -

1. Vizualogic offered a nice option that was just the screens installed in, and factory matched to the vehicle headrests. It appears the product has been discontinued at Crutchfield, but a seller on eBay still has a listing HERE.

2. Another route is this eBay seller HERE. They offer factory matched headrests (colors and material) as well. Only, these screens are offered not only as DVD players, but are also touch screens. They seem pretty nice, but unfortunately come at a cost.

3. This is probably the cheapest option, but installing your own screens will require some DIY work. The best thing to do is to watch videos on how others do this. I will provide some links -

- How to Install Headrest TV's Part 1
- How to Install Headrest Tv's Part 2
- How to Install Headrest Tv's Part 3

Of course, this all requires that you have a screen to install, and a headrest to work with. If you go this route, I would highly suggest that you purchase extra headrests to do the install on so you don't ruin your factory ones. Finding a screen can be as simple as doing a google search, but a decent one I have come across, and one that doesn't cost a great deal of money, is made by Clarion. The Amazon product page is located HERE.

I know that is a lot of information, but there is much to consider here. I would suggest that you also check eBay and Craigslist. You just may find a great deal. When I was looking I considered all of these options, but ended up finding a pair of OEM headrests with the built in DVD players for just over $300.00. I couldn't pass up that deal, especially considering that they were the cashmere leather that I have in my Tahoe. I hope that helps! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Good Luck!! :Handshake:

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm just looking for a screen because I have video output already.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Dylan,

Your input is the type of response that makes this forum the best. You gave the OP very detailed info and pretty much did all the work for him in terms of options, etc. That was very informative...good job bro. Nice of you to do all that. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

X2

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

We carry vizualogic. It's GM standard. They are awesome units, we have them our personal suburban. They are pricey, but worth the money and resale value.

That $1039 shipped is a great price!

Is that with the screens and headrest? And don't they have DVD players built in?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always find the one's that come stock in Escalade's and just get it re-wrapped to match your interior. They are always on eBay but they ain't cheap!

OP
OP
Fearz

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always find the one's that come stock in Escalade's and just get it re-wrapped to match your interior. They are always on eBay but they ain't cheap!

Well the only problem is that it's around Christmas and all the dealers or closing. I just need a part number for a replacement headrest to Tear up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz