Headlights Always On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind Prophet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Not sure what is going on here. I have an 02 tahoe. Whenever the engine is running they headlights are on. This is the first vehicle I have had with DRL so I don't know if there is an issue with them, or some sensor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope they are supposed to come on and stay on I know on the older trucks there is a way to cut them off , On the OBS models you can press the parking brake down like an inch or 2 and they will cut off without any safety issues of the rear locking up while braking on the newer trucks I'm not sure someone with more knowledge will chime in

OP
OP
Blind Prophet

Blind Prophet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the older ones did this. Mine has a separate bulb for daytime running lights. I will try the parking brake Rick but I would like to get everything working as it should. Thanks for the tip

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the older ones did this. Mine has a separate bulb for daytime running lights. I will try the parking brake Rick but I would like to get everything working as it should. Thanks for the tip

I would imagine your sensor on the dash is bad and thinks it is dark out at all times.

CidDawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
El Capitan: I didn't know that trick; thanks for mentioning it. Does it do it permanently or just for that one time until you turn the engine off?

El Capitan

Senior Texas Member
Reaction score
El Capitan: I didn't know that trick; thanks for mentioning it. Does it do it permanently or just for that one time until you turn the engine off?

Just from key cycle to key cycle it gets annoying but it works, i do it to run my park lamps and fog lamps on the track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88