HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReed450

Reaction score
probably code 50 8624

Is that the code for the white? I can't seem to find the thread a member posted on here for a link to paint codes you could search for year and make of the vehicle. If i remember right there was only 1 color of white for a 2003 Tahoe
Rpo’s are in glove compartment

Looked in the glove compartment and i couldn't find anything in there. Is it behind the glove compartment or on it?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the code for the white? I can't seem to find the thread a member posted on here for a link to paint codes you could search for year and make of the vehicle. If i remember right there was only 1 color of white for a 2003 Tahoe
Correct

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Looked in the glove compartment and i couldn't find anything in there. Is it behind the glove compartment or on it?

It should be inside the glove box. Your are correct about the white. Only one for 00-06. The code is 50U. It can be called summit white or Olympic white. They are the same.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Look at mine and Galante's post on the prior page.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone else looking, try car-part.com for a HD hood. Just search 2002 2500-3500 silverado hd option. You may get lucky and find one local I used Uship.com to ship to my office. Was about $200 to ship but I wanted a factory hood and didn't want to deal with a bodyshop. Probably could have saved a little by not having it insured oh well
Great site to find parts

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up an HD hood last night locally. It is a shame it isn't the right color because the paint is perfect, and there is no rust or damage. The guy took it off a few years after buying the truck to put a cowl hood on, and forgot about it until he was clearing out his garage to move.

Will wait until the spring to paint it and get it installed along with the rest of the HD front end and colormatched bumpers, etc. It will be a huge transformation for how the truck looks now.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Picked up an HD hood last night locally. It is a shame it isn't the right color because the paint is perfect, and there is no rust or damage. The guy took it off a few years after buying the truck to put a cowl hood on, and forgot about it until he was clearing out his garage to move.

Will wait until the spring to paint it and get it installed along with the rest of the HD front end and colormatched bumpers, etc. It will be a huge transformation for how the truck looks now.
Lucky ducky. Sure wrong color but sounds like just a scuff and shoot job, no body work.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Just curious, get it for a song?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907