HD hood differnences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I don't really have anywhere close to look for HD hoods and I really want an OEM quality hood so I figure I will just get one at gmpartsdirect under the 2001 2500HD section.
But, I am wondering what the differences is between the 'hvy duty' and the 'not hvy duty.' All I notice is $100 difference but was hoping someone could enlighten me. Also, do I need to purchase anything else to make this hood work or will just the hood work?
Thanks.

hood.png

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hd has that look that everyone is doing on there vehicles on the forum. That beefy look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ what he said. BTW That price you have listed is the same price I paid at my local dealer without having to pay the shipping charges.

You might want to check and see what they can get it for if your looking for OEM quality.

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh, now I see. I figured since I selected 2500HD in the vehicle selection they were both just HD hoods. I get it now. Thanks.

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I went to my Dealership and they quoted me $550.00. Does that seem right for an OEM hood?

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't say painted on the invoice anywhere. So, I take it that is a bad price if it isn't?
It seems way too high for me, but that's how dealerships are so I wasn't sure.

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they don't come painted and fwiw: I paid $347.89 for mine from my local dealer

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they don't come painted and fwiw: I paid $347.89 for mine from my local dealer

Dang, do you have an invoice or possibly a copy of the receipt? I don't see how mine could be $200 more for the same thing.

SC88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll see if I can find it when I get home. I pulled it up on my "car/hobby" account and that was the price they charged my account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA