Hardwire Installation of my Valentine 1 radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dychen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't get false alarms with my V1 either. My question with the ****** is does it have the remote display capability as well as the arrows? I like having the remote display as no one knows if you have a detector with it installed.

OP
OP
BigRed76

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I've been using the same mount as Williajj for a few years now ..... very high quality metal holder for the Valentine 1

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the V1 or those mounts. It works very well, but I did experience more falsing with the V1 VS the ******. The arrows never proved to be a big advantage. traveling forwards I founds most, if not all threats to be in front of me. Regardless of where the arrows pointed, if you get an increasing threat level, it means slow down if you're speeding. Right now, I'm using a suction cup mount putting the ****** above and to the left of the mirror. It's almost invisible. I don't like having it below the mirror. A hard mount that held it in this position would be perfect, but none that I know of exists. You can get a remote display/integration of some like the V1

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 47

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern Indiana, the land of annoying lepreachons
I bought the truck with this setup but here's what I know.

It's the original mirror. It was taken apart and the glass was etched from the inside to mimic the Valentine's lights. The installer bought the remote display kit from Valentine, dissected it for the lights and hot-glued it onto the back of the mirror. They also used the front plate from the main unit. I think they did that to get the red color.

They also took the volume control from the dissected remote display and put it in the overhead console near my moonroof control. Lastly, the on/off stitch and blackout switch are located on the "ceiling" of the main cubby hole in the center stack.

The main unit is actually under the dash hump in front of the driver. I would think that it being in there would make in ineffective but it seems to point out bogies pretty good.

I'm going to take the mirror apart to swap out the faulty compass circuit board (when I get a donor) and can take pics if people are interested. I also recommend that you do some google searches. There's a few people that are doing the same thing for other mirrors.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's insane. Amazing undertaking. Looks awesome. Yes, I'd be interested in seeing pics once you get it opened up. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA