Hardwire Installation of my Valentine 1 radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Thats the only radar I would ever own. Great choice, I wih I had one

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a very good radar, even though its VERY accurate... It does get annoying.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the invisicord for my ****** 8500 X50, it looks almost factory. I did have to experiment to find switched 12VDC, the instructions were wrong about which color wire to piggy back into on the mirror for my '09 LTZ.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Thats the only radar I would ever own. Great choice, I wih I had one

I had this radar, and now have the ****** 9500xi hardwired in it and the ****** completely stomps out the V1.
It looks sexier, has alot more functions, and WAY less false signals than the V1. Sometimes people don't even notice I have one until being in the car multiple times because it doesn't beep 24/7 like the V1 did.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the V1 + invisicord. What a great set-up.

What mirror mount are you guys using? Not sure if I want to go that route, as right now, beside the mirror on the windshield, the V1 isn't all too visible from the outside, which is good. But, that mirror mount looks sweet.

On another note, does the ****** have arrows? Until they do, it'll always be V1 for me (and even the ****** does have or gets arrows, then I already have the V1, so why bother switching?). No false alarm issues here. Love the V1.

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the V1 + invisicord. What a great set-up.

What mirror mount are you guys using? Not sure if I want to go that route, as right now, beside the mirror on the windshield, the V1 isn't all too visible from the outside, which is good. But, that mirror mount looks sweet.

On another note, does the ****** have arrows? Until they do, it'll always be V1 for me (and even the ****** does have or gets arrows, then I already have the V1, so why bother switching?). No false alarm issues here. Love the V1.

Here's the one I'm using. It's a very simple install and solid as a rock.

http://www.countryjoycrafts.com/350Z/valentinemount.htm

And I agree... I'll stick with my V1 over the others :happy160:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz