Hard to start after towing and now all the time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
Do not run 87 in your Denali unless you are wanting to replace the engine. 87 in these motors wreaks havoc on the rings and pistons. This is probably why she doesn't run worth a damn.
I rarely use it, maybe once every 5 fill ups if I can't find e85.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rarely use it, maybe once every 5 fill ups if I can't find e85.
That's 20% of the time, it's going to do damage unless heavily mixed with E85.

One time I towed with E85 and my truck acted weird, instead of making more power, it made less judging by the fact that it couldn't shift into 5th gear on the highway.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Could be a bad starter, loose connection, faulty cable. Need a tech or someone who knows how to use a voltmeter.

If voltage is low at the starter > find cause in wiring.
If voltage is good at starter > bad starter.

I experienced some slow starts and a failure to start because of a loose connection at the starter battery cable.

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
Now it's saying service stabilitak and traction control. What the heck is going on? Anytime something remotely similar happened it was my alternator in my 04 Hoe.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now it's saying service stabilitak and traction control. What the heck is going on? Anytime something remotely similar happened it was my alternator in my 04 Hoe.
Well, it's time to get the codes from the computer system. If you have Onstar, press the button and ask for the codes.

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
And this just happened. Hope it's the answer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-145105_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-145105_Torque.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 8

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might check the cable to the starter and the grounds. One of our more technically savvy members had a starter issue and found the cable to the starter loose at the starter.

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
You might check the cable to the starter and the grounds. One of our more technically savvy members had a starter issue and found the cable to the starter loose at the starter.
Will crawl under tomorrow and take a look, thanks!

OP
OP
tkdgirl

tkdgirl

Reaction score
That's probably the source of your problem. Take care of that first before doing anything else. Use GM OE parts.
Believe it or not, it was the battery. Been slowly dying for a while it seems.

Bonus,.when I brought it to my mechanic, had them look at an oil leak. Rear oil seal blown. Thank God for that extended warranty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21

Latest posts