Halo headlights junk, go Depo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the ccfl halos by sonar off ebay and I love em but to each his own, I guess. The lows came with regular H1 and highs were the stock bulbs. I switched to 'xenons' (blue halogens) but now I'm gonna go HID. The blue ones fit perfectly so if I get the same H1 in HID I figure it should be fine. Before I bought new bulbs I made sure to ask the seller what kind of bulbs I needed for the projectors. Here's a pic of my halos (headlights off). From the pics I've seen of depo cutoffs, I think mine are better. jaes11.jpg

Pics of cutoff?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith, here's the pics you requested. I think the color looks pretty good for "xenon" halogens. A couple of them seem high because I was parked uphill. Also, I did have to aim the housings kind of high to get them at the right heigth. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera sucks.
projectorcutoff014.jpg
[/IMG]projectorcutoff013.jpgprojectorcutoff009.jpgprojectorcutoff002.jpg

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kman. Yes, actually I have. I just received my fog HIDs and relay. Now I'm gonna order my low HIDs. :head3:

Last edited:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we've got HIDs in our yukon but im always looking to improve. i have seen the depos, and they are hard to find in chrome for a yukon at least from where ive looked. im diggin the cut off on those above but i dont want the halo or the itty bitty ricer leds they put in there etc...i'd just not hook them up. i'd like to see how they look with the HIDs in them before i buy some though....

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we've got HIDs in our yukon but im always looking to improve. i have seen the depos, and they are hard to find in chrome for a yukon at least from where ive looked. im diggin the cut off on those above but i dont want the halo or the itty bitty ricer leds they put in there etc...i'd just not hook them up. i'd like to see how they look with the HIDs in them before i buy some though....

There are a couple of other guys with these, sonars, and the output is considered bad... not bad meaning good, but bad meaning sucky. For a nice out put you would need to do a retro with- tsx projectors, for example. They do sell these with hid kits also but not sure of the light output quality of if they're available for yukons.

Last edited:

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah..i know about the retro. right now we are running HID in a stock yukon housing. so, even the sonar or depo cut off like whats posted above, is better than the stock lights. its not worth it to me to go full retro, i have this same opinion on the tundra forums where people send their lights off to this guy and spend a couple grand getting them retrofitted using lexus projectors and blah blah blah... even a few hundred to me isnt worth it....but to each his own...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy