Halo headlights junk, go Depo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just my personal experience. I bought the halos off eBay and later got HiDs. Well the HiDs never fit in, just had them inside the housing all loose. This could be because some idiot here told me to use H1 bulbs and not 9006, or because the housing wasn't made right. The original bulbs it came with weren't even a twist and turn type, but had a thin metal plate screwed down. So I don't think 9006s would have changed anything. Plus compares to the depos, the projector seemed more to be just bnormal glass with a magnified center and no matter where I moved the hid, it never got bright. Normal headlights still flooded mine out.

The depos I just got made a world of difference! They felt more solid, they cAme with 9006 bulbs and the projector looked legit. I got new hid bulbs, 9006 this time and they locked right in. The halos never even had the grooves for that. And even when I placed the bulbs in the halos right where they should have been, still not much light output. Against a wall it just made a circle if light for each headlight and on the road that spread into one big circle. But with the depos, for the first time I can see the road and truly enjoy HiDs now. I also got them in 6k this time instead of 8k

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone is debating which ones. Maybe I just got a junk pair but I'm happy now with the depos. (those halos were looking kinda cheesy anyways lol)

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm about in the opposite boat as you. I got a pair of Depos and when trying to put them on, not only do they have the Depo wobble in one but I could only get ONE pin (out of 4) back down to lock it. Sent the company an email and they have never heard of the lights not fitting or the wobble, how convenient and they want pictures.

Moral of the story, be cautious when buying aftermarket anything.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Halo's. I had to mod the brackets, but they're good now. The first set I bought were junk though.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheels

Hey what size wheels and tires are on this pic of the yukon?

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that I heard there are 2 types of projectors, ones for a regualr bulb and ones for the HID out put, not to sure.. I know when I bought my truck, it had some eBay'r projectors, I put stock in for a much brighter light (with HID). When you order that stuff, make sure you can see the back of the headlight of what they are selling to ensure tht your going to have no fittment issues. The only thing that I have ran into in the past is that there is a 3 screw tab, that does have the cut outs for the 9006, but the cut outs were a bit small, simple to fix, unscrew, put bulb in screw back on... Worked fine after. Hope this may help out in the future!! HIDs RULE!!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what size wheels and tires are on this pic of the yukon?

In that picture I've got 22x9.5s with 305/45/22 rubber. Now I'm running 305/40/22s and I love them so much more than the 45s.

Last edited:

jrcook320

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, you did an HID conversion, or you're running blue colored halogen bulbs that are HID lookalike?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the ccfl halos by sonar off ebay and I love em but to each his own, I guess. The lows came with regular H1 and highs were the stock bulbs. I switched to 'xenons' (blue halogens) but now I'm gonna go HID. The blue ones fit perfectly so if I get the same H1 in HID I figure it should be fine. Before I bought new bulbs I made sure to ask the seller what kind of bulbs I needed for the projectors. Here's a pic of my halos (headlights off). From the pics I've seen of depo cutoffs, I think mine are better. jaes11.jpg