Had to order a $250 part...oh, and door problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Turns out my second row climate/radio controls weren't working...well they functioned, but the screen wouldn't display anything. It just lit up and that was it. I took the same part out of my mom's Escalade and tried it in my Tahoe and it worked just fine. So I had to shell out $250 for the new part. :(

Also, my right rear door won't lock/unlock automatically. The indicator (or whatever it's called) that goes up when you unlock the door, won't go up. Should I take off the door panel and see what's wrong, or leave it to the dealer?

I'd hate to do it and not get it re-installed right.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sucks man your rear AC controls could have been bought on Ebay for alot cheaper on the right day.
Also its prob your door lock actuator that went out, should be a warranty fix at the dealership, shit both of them should be a warranty fix.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They should be but if i'm over the 36,000 mile warranty they won't cover it will they?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn you must be a serious driver, I had mine like a year before you and only on 21k.
But yes they will cover it if its a known TSB issue, pretty sure it is.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres actually a rod thats connested from the door lock actuator to that lock/unlock indicator that goes up and down. If the door is actualy unlocking but the indicator isnt going up then the rod may have just fallen off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700