gt4-g80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darin95yuk

Reaction score
i have a x-tra rear end out of a 99 and the code for it was gt4 g80... the gt4 means 373s and the g80 means? is it a vacuum locker, limited slip? the rear end i have currently is just gt4... im not sure what kind of locking diff it is and i need some info on it guys so give me all the info ya got! and is it good enough to take on the trail... mild wheeling is what my yukon is for and if i run along a stout obsticle i can get through its no rock crawler... i just want a good trail rig...

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
figured it out its a limited slip! sweet no more one leggers!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G80 is not a good thing, you are better off with the open differential now. If you can replace it with a truetrac or something

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
i dont understand how a limited slip is worse than a open diff?

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its worse in the sense that they tend to blow up and take out your whole rear end..they are not a strong limited slip..save up for a tru trac and put that in what you have now

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
nice man i got on some cheesy website and it said it was a limited slip... that gov loc is kinda sketchy...

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sayin it wont hold up for some time..

i blew up my open rear end this summer, got one now with a g80...ive done plenty of burnouts and dounuts with it and its still fine..thats with the 6.0 and my heavy ass truck..

OP
OP
darin95yuk

darin95yuk

Reaction score
right on my buddy has a 99 z71 truck with the g80 and factory 4.10s and pulled my wrecked tahoe on a car trailer... we loaded the truck on the trailer a week before... and there was about 2 1/2 to 3 ft of snow that wasnt driven on yet and that s.o.b yanked it out and didnt miss a beat and it made me a believer thats why i was pumped but know im kinda concerned... i would like to pull the the cover wipe it all down and inspect the best i can and run it till i can afford a nice locker in my open diff... as long as i have a spare i dont think it wouldnt hurt to run it for a while?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10