Grinding Noise from Drivers side front wheel and ABS and Brake Light on Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the problem with my tahoe. It was the wheel hub. The bearings inside where completely gone. after replacing it the abs and brake light went away. For only $165 i fixed the problem. The dealership tried to pull a fast one on my and charge $1200 bucks to fixed the abs module when all that was wrong was the hub bearing. Never take the advice of a dealership unless you know the person working there!!!!

Can you elaborate on how you discovered it was the hub? The first post mentioned wheel bearing checked OK, so wonder if there was a different technique used to check? i've only read to lift up the wheel and see if there's any play at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions.

davidsonw88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
extreme grinding front driver side

I have a 02 4x4 suburban. I have extremely horrible grinding and squeeking comin from driver side front. At first it started out a little grind when I turned left only. Now its constant and much louder. I shook the carp outta my wheel while jacked up and while sitting on the ground and no play at all. Then I changed my pads. Still grinding bad. Kinda sounds like it may be comin from transfer case but also sounds like a hub bearing would sound. I don't have any steering problems or wobbles or smell anything. Its driving me crazy cause I've read so much stuff but still cant tell which one it is.

Mia05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on how you discovered it was the hub? The first post mentioned wheel bearing checked OK, so wonder if there was a different technique used to check? i've only read to lift up the wheel and see if there's any play at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions.

I have a 2005 Yukon and I get a grinding noise when I apply the brakes hard, 99% of the time no grinding noise.

When I first heard it I replaced the pad and calipers front and back (back caliper was frozen) and it still happens, so don’t think it is the brakes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mia05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon and I get a grinding noise when I apply the brakes hard, 99.9% of the time no noise.

When I first heard it I replaced the pads and calipers (135k miles and back caliper was frozen) on both the front and back and it still happens, so I don’t think it is the brakes.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks