Grease ring on inside of left rear wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna rip it apart on monday. Hoping its just the seal. Bearing worst case. Like I said no noise or vibrations. Just small amounts of grease and the smell.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Any posts of a walk through for replacing axle seals and bearings?

Do you have access to a slide hammer?

Also the first thing that you need to focus on is getting the 5/16" bolt loose that holds the C clip lock pin in place. I've had them break before when trying to remove them. If it breaks off then you aren't going to get the axles out unil you get that bolt out. So don't waste your time fooling with the brakes until you get the lock pin bolt out. HTH

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fire730.Where can you get this bearing assy.Up here in the frozen north no one seems to know anything.

The link above was for SKF but this is by National.

This is from ROCKAUTO for an 04 Yukon XL

NATIONAL Part # RP513067 More Info Axle Repair Bearing; Bore=1.618", Outer Diameter=2.842", Width=1.165"
Rear Wheel; Axle Repair Bearing
$37.79

And here is a good pic of a axle saver bearing.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=221809

Hope this helps some.

OP
OP
drkhrse00

drkhrse00

Reaction score
I got it taken care of new seal,bearing, and fluid. Axle was in good shape. Did a fan clutch while i was at it.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it taken care of new seal,bearing, and fluid. Axle was in good shape. Did a fan clutch while i was at it.

Glad you got it fixed with no axle problems.

Also why in the hell dont they make wheels like those Modas anymore? My buddy had a set on his Explorer. Sick wheels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660