Good Ol' Country Boy..The New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakermanINC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there guys...let me start off by saying that I have been browsing this forum as a guest for sometime. But now I figured its time to join in the community and start sharing my knowledge, as well as gaining knowledge. My name is Kaleb, but everyone calls me Baker. I am a police man in my little southern town here in South Carolina (Hope ya'll like cops). I am very versed when it comes to anything to do with car electronics...that mean lighting, and definitely audio, as well as under the hood...but mostly audio. I have always been a fan of small import/domestic tuners, and actually own a couple of hondas and a focus. A few years back, i ran across my first Tahoe.
29919_1385852243541_5834357_n.gif
29919_1385852003535_1867873_n.gif
It was white, and was pretty average. It had a few inches of lift, due to torsion keys, and blocks, and some decent AT tires, but nothing serious. I bought it for $1200, fixed some door handles, cleaned the interior, and sold it for $3500, then used that money to buy my focus. But once I sold that tahoe, the fever hit. I did everything I could to find another one to compare, but nothing would. Finally, a few short weeks ago, I found one in perfect condition.
IMG_20130520_132900_755.gif
IMG_20130520_132844_588.gif
IMG_20130520_132827_629.gif
This is a 99 OBS Tahoe, one owner, and extremely low mileage for the year. I bought it at 123k miles, with an extensive record of every service and every time it had been worked on. So with this new truck, I plan on taking it slow, and making it the way I want it. After looking through, I like the way Big Don's Yukon is looking, and I may go somewhere similar to his. I just bought some 305/70/r16 sitting on black stock rims today. As you can see in the pics, i have already taken the liberty of tinting all my lights, and painting some eyelids on the headlights...this is only temporary until i actually get some black housings and projectors, so I can get in some 6k HID's. But I have a large amount of plans for this ride, and not enough time to type it in. I will make a build log of this truck, so that everyone can keep up. Thanks for reading.:challenge:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DBPA2024

Latest posts