Gonna be towing soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are talking 8 days from now. Its goin the way the owner of the trailer pulls it in the pic. Caddy already has trans cooler on it.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your caddy's trans cooler stock? If so it's pretty small. The trans cooler that came out it my 2006 was tiny. I upgraded to a tru cool max unit and it's huge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its stock.

OWNER/ADMIN

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be any worse than that tiny thing in their 1500?

OWNER/ADMIN

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware the rams had a stock trans cooler that year. I just know what excessive heat does to transmissions, especially gms. I just dealt with a trans rebuild in the spring and it was hell. Towing is ******* your transmission. An upgraded cooler is defintely a good idea. Anyways just my :2cents:
Here's apicof the cooler just had put in last week.

0816161312.jpg

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it... but like I was saying time is not on the table.

OWNER/ADMIN

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanku so much for all of ur advice all. Looks like the current owner... she tows her vette in it all the time with her 1500. No sway or load levelers or even tow mirrors. So im hopin to be able to do as good as HER in my caddy.

OWNER/ADMIN

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man good luck is all I can say...

Can it tow it? Yes absolutely... is it gonna be fun? Hell no. Your going to be down shifting left and right and struggling up every hill.

I towed a 20 ft enclosed with mine and it sucked on the highway. Just a big wind drag.20150301_114000.jpg

Sure the Dodge ram tows that trailer all the time. Good for it, that doesn't change anything about you towing it with yours. Again put a larger trans cooler in yours asap. It takes a whopping 1 hour to install. Your talking a week till you leave.