GMC YUKON 2022- car slightly shakes at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckikano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I want to know if anyone has the same issue as mine.
I bought brand new GMC YUKON SLT 2022; after 1000 Km of driving, the car is slightly shaking when it’s on idle (i.e. when i am waiting on a red signal)
I took it back to the dealer and they told me it is a normal thing to have rough idle in new GMC Cars, which honestly I found it weird!
Does anyone had or have similar problem? If yes, how was it resolved?

Regards

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase.

It's pretty normal. My '21 Tahoe does that.
Also a few others have commented about it on here.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal. Chevy's shake. Always have and probably always will

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not normal and there's an easy fix: Use Midgrade! Had the same issue with my Yukon SLT... it's completely gone after 2 Midgrade fill up's and will come back as soon as I use regular gas.

OP
OP
C

ckikano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not normal and there's an easy fix: Use Midgrade! Had the same issue with my Yukon SLT... it's completely gone after 2 Midgrade fill up's and will come back as soon as I use regular gas.
Hi the midgrade, how many Octane?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's normal in a sense that nearly all gas chevy trucks do this and there's really nothing wrong with the vehicle. There's countless threads online over many many years discussing this. As well as in the real world. Every chevy I've owned has done this. Our '21 is much more subtle and took several thousand miles before I noticed it. It's your money but I will not be spending more money on more expensive fuel (especially now) in hopes it might eliminate a slight shake that most the time you will not even notice.

I've read the only real "fix" is a custom tune that raises the idle rpm slightly but there's no tuning available yet on these new models.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normal. Chevy's shake. Always have and probably always will
My 2001 with 201,000 miles idles smooth as silk and never had any injector work or anything besides a spark plug change...never has a miss fire in its life either.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2001 with 201,000 miles idles smooth as silk and never had any injector work or anything besides a spark plug change...never has a miss fire in its life either.
There are probably lots of them out there that don't shake but the sad fact of the matter is many of them do shake and that has just become a normal character trait of a gas chevy. I've owned 4 of them in the last 15 years and currently have access to 6 that I either drive or ride in on a regular basis and they all shake to some degree. I'm not saying it's a problem with any of them but it definitely is a thing

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are probably lots of them out there that don't shake but the sad fact of the matter is many of them do shake and that has just become a normal character trait of a gas chevy. I've owned 4 of them in the last 15 years and currently have access to 6 that I either drive or ride in on a regular basis and they all shake to some degree. I'm not saying it's a problem with any of them but it definitely is a thing
Interesting, I haven’t had the opportunity to drive many new ones...I feel as if I wouldn’t like it to shake though. I had a Silverado maybe a 2021 for a rental for a day and seemed smooth, unless I was to concentrated on the red light to turn green to stomp on it, that 5.3L felt like a race truck vs my old Tahoe and new 4 runner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syngyn