GM Engineer meeting....mid 1990s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Me too, i only repair cars in my own garage for hobby and a little additional money. When today someone come with a car newer than 2005, i tell the people: This is a disposable product that cannot be repaired.

I mean, come on, these engines today. Downsized turbo engines with 500 sensors, Camshaft adjustment, adjustable intake manifolds, with swirl flaps, DISA, secondary air systems, particle filters, ad blue and all that rubbish, ensures that BMW, Mercedes or VW engines only last 100,000 miles, but are not economically repairable.

I love my LS engine, this is a truly good engine, build to last and build to be fixable..

That is good for environment....
Pretty soon leasing will be the smarter option lol

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon leasing will be the smarter option lol
Pretty soon It will be much better to keep an old car that is well built and accept the higher fuel consumption. I think the GMT 800 is a good option. Because leasing is very expensive. I once leased a 535d from BMW for 36 months and when I added up all the costs like fuel, insurance, tax, tires, maintenance and repairs I was at €2500 a month.

I can easily buy 2 used gmt800s, repair them and still save money. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo