Getting rid of slop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a heads up. In rear you can upgrade to all 1/2 inch bolts grade 8 on the swaybar endlinks and on the a arms 9/16 grade 8. If you look at it the stock bolts you can see have space in there where the bigger grade 8 bolts take the slop out of the lower a arm mounting points and swaybar endlink points.

I ended up doing this all tonight just have been lagging on this and wanted to finally say im done with the rear suspension set up. Now have to move on to the front to get about 1/2 inch out of her.

Pics down below but you can see the difference. The 9/16 bolt leave .03mm of free area it can move while the stock bolt leaves .47mm of free area which is a lot

Here is the inside diameter of the stock bushings (this is spohn but same size)
2012-04-19_202823.jpg

Stock bolt outside of thread diameter is 13.74mm
2012-04-19_203040.jpg

While the center smooth body is smaller
2012-04-19_202438.jpg

Here is the 9/16 grade 8 bolt. 14.16mm
2012-04-19_200050.jpg

Last edited:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I think I know what you are referring to but don't recall the slots being large enough to accomodate 1/2 inch bolts. Any pics of before and after?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I know what you are referring to but don't recall the slots being large enough to accomodate 1/2 inch bolts. Any pics of before and after?

More than enough space. Im going to try to get djm to supply 2 more bolts/nuts etc so when you do the rear djm hardware kit you can replace stock upper bolt on the swaybar endlink which leaves a lot of movement to the bigger 1/2 inch on.

By far the rear combo on my truck I love, Bar far one of the best cornering 07 up suv ive been in.

What do you want me to take pics of the bolts?

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

i just have pics right now of the spohn kit i took out and am selling because working on making my own bars.

2012-04-18_205100.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just have pics right now of the spohn kit i took out and am selling because working on making my own bars.

2012-04-18_205100.jpg

Your selling the spohn kit already? Was the kit not satisfactory for you?

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
...What do you want me to take pics of the bolts?

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

i just have pics right now of the spohn kit i took out and am selling because working on making my own bars...

I've installed the kit you sold me but don't recall seeing that larger bolts could be used anywhere. What I was thinking is a pic of the stock bolt in place as well as a pic with the 1/2" bolt installed thereafter in the same location on the endlink, etc. to provide a comparison.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your selling the spohn kit already? Was the kit not satisfactory for you?

its fine but im testing my own set up now to save people money and maybe start selling it here.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I've installed the kit you sold me but don't recall seeing that larger bolts could be used anywhere. What I was thinking is a pic of the stock bolt in place as well as a pic with the 1/2" bolt installed thereafter in the same location on the endlink, etc. to provide a comparison.

djm supplies 9/16 bolts with their hardware kits for the lower trailing arm kit.
djm supplies 1/2 inch bolts for the endlink kit on the bottom portion.

Here goes the pdf
http://calmaxsuspension.com/djm/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/RK2007.pdf

2- 9/16” x 12 x 4-1/2” (for the lower trailing arm relocators)

2- 1/2” x 13 x 2-3/4” Bolts (for the swaybar endlinks)

Since I have the spohn arms off Ill measure the inside diameter with a mic tonight and then show od of stock bolt vs the 9/16 grade 8 bolt. its a big difference and if anyone has any noises on the rear suspension this is the first thing from now on out I will start with. Cheap mod plus it works. just changing the bolts out will get rid of any movement completly while still having enough space to articulate without binding

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FIRST post updated with pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members