Gas Receptacle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YD2007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, all - my wife uses the Yukon primarily. Today we were both in the vehicle, and we stopped for gas, and I refueled it. I didn't notice when inserting the nozzle, but when removing it, I thought there is supposed to be a circular hinged metal flap in the fueling receptacle...isn't there ? I don't see any...there's just the quarter-sized filler hole.

Shouldn't there be one? And if so how does one fix this? Drop the tank? If so, I presume the flap is in the bottom of the tank. I'll just leave it be and hope the detached flap never interferes with the fuel lines.

Dave H

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all - my wife uses the Yukon primarily. Today we were both in the vehicle, and we stopped for gas, and I refueled it. I didn't notice when inserting the nozzle, but when removing it, I thought there is supposed to be a circular hinged metal flap in the fueling receptacle...isn't there ? I don't see any...there's just the quarter-sized filler hole.

Shouldn't there be one? And if so how does one fix this? Drop the tank? If so, I presume the flap is in the bottom of the tank. I'll just leave it be and hope the detached flap never interferes with the fuel lines.

Dave H

I've never paid attention, but if it is missing, you can replace the filler mouth without dropping the tank. The mouth is screwed to the body and a hose is clamped to the tube from the mouth. Just slip the hose off and remove the screws.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Our 08 Denali has it. It’s likely one of the items you pay for in an emissions stringent package for vehicles sold in Cali, NY, etc.

The 18 Burb I rented for a week came with a small plastic funnel labeled “gas can” in the glove box. Apparently GM realized the funky Cali emissions gas can spouts won’t reach in far enough to open that flap for refueling.

edit, wrong ... no retractable flip cover on the 08 Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so happens I was dumping B-12 into mine a few minutes ago and noticed that it doesn't have one.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to put the flapper door in the filler pipe as it was used as a grounding method for static when fuel is dispensing, but it was removed years back. Now most of the filler pipe is steel and not rubber and plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renew