Gas Capacity and Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgmc

Reaction score
Gas Tank Capacity and Mileage

Can anyone tell me the capacity of the gas tank? I'm not sure I trust the fuel gauge just yet so whenever it shows 1/4 I fill 'er up (takes 15ish gallons). Usually at that point I'm at about 175 miles. Does that sound about right to y'all? That's 11.6MPG. Is that about average? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T

txgmc

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the capacity of the gas tank? I'm not sure I trust the fuel gauge just yet so whenever it shows 1/4 I fill 'er up (takes 15ish gallons). Usually at that point I'm at about 175 miles. Does that sound about right to y'all? That's 11.6MPG. Is that about average? Thanks in advance.

dcarver

Reaction score
Should be 25-26 gallon tank. My tahoe did the same thing when filling up. When the gauge showed E I could only get 20-21 gallons in it but if I put the gas lever on the slowest setting then it would put 25 in. In the tahoe I would get 14 city/19 hwy. If your 05 Z71 is stock then probably within 1-2 MPG should be appropriate.

nutzostevo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I count 24 gallons on mine, '02 Tahoe. And it sounds about right if it is all city driving that you are doing. Although the other day I drove 180 miles on half tank, it's amazing what driving the speed limit will do.

OP
OP
T

txgmc

Reaction score
Thanks. It is all city driving and my wife has never met a speed limit she liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmdealerguy