Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartier16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chevy sucks.
13mpg average at a half tank drove 15mi commute. Steady drive entire time with some stop and go traffic driving like a grandpa to keep Instant meter averaged 16-25mpg the entire drive. Started with 136mi to empty ended at 87mi to empty in a 15mi trip. Absolutely terrible almost 4 gallons of gas in a 15 mile drive with about 4 miles of highway included. truck has a brand new fuel pump and fuel filter in it. I would nail my mopar to the floor every chance I could and still get double the mileage.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chevy sucks.
13mpg average at a half tank drove 15mi commute. Steady drive entire time with some stop and go traffic driving like a grandpa to keep Instant meter averaged 16-25mpg the entire drive. Started with 136mi to empty ended at 87mi to empty in a 15mi trip. Absolutely terrible almost 4 gallons of gas in a 15 mile drive with about 4 miles of highway included. truck has a brand new fuel pump and fuel filter in it. I would nail my mopar to the floor every chance I could and still get double the mileage.
Next time you post please put down year and model you have. You posted in 2021+section. Went threw your old posts to find what to drive.

Click bait titles do not help to get answers.

OP
OP
Cartier16

Cartier16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My bad I put it in general discussion. 2003 GMC YUKON DENALI 6.0 AWD 180,000 MILES New fuel pump fuel filter spark plugs cv axels radiator after market air intake. Since it’s all so relevant and contributing to cheap gm crap

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The info center is not the perfect gauge on what mileage you get. Any stop and go driving lowers mpg, that is a fact. Do you really think 4 gallons of gas was used? Time to do some actual research. Fill with fuel, drive and fill again and compute the mpg the old fashioned way. @Miami-Dade is right, click bait titles tend to turn some people off and they skim right on by to the next thread title. Why was the fuel pump and filter replaced? Aftermarket air intake could be contributing to the problem. Did the manufacturer guarantee better mileage? Plus, it always helps to not complain and name call, TILL some details are shared and response come back. I help less when someone has their mind made up to the negative.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in the mountains and have an 06 Denali XL. The avg MPG gauge is a joke. It only registers when you are pressing the gas pedal. When I am coasting down hill off the main mountain where I live, it doesn't even change the avg MPG where as my 2019 ram says 99.9. Only way to get actual MPG is to fill up truck, and drive around. When you go and fill up, you take how many miles you drove divided by how many gallons you put in. EX: 286 Miles divided by 10 gallons of gas you filled up equals 28.6 mpg. I avg 15-17 mpg in my Denali XL.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy sucks.
my AVERAGE mpg is pretty close to actual with in about 0.1 to 0.2mpg
with a completely Faulty burned out hybrid battery

i'm getting 25.5 to 27.5mpg with AFM enabled..

24.5 with V8 mode 6.0L engine
This is with the A/C on 2 (67F) setting and recycle..

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy sucks.
Maybe new catalytic converters are in your future?

If your average speed for a tank of fuel is below 21.2 mph, that's 100% city driving according to Uncle Sam and these big V8s don't get great mpgs in the city but you're only burning about 1.5 gallons per hour at this rate. Wait until you refuel before making the calculations. I can often hit the highway with a range of 85 miles, drive 100 miles and still have a range of 50 miles when I get home.

If you know how much she burns at speed, you'll never want for fuel.

Does it make sense to drop $100K on a new one for 2-3 more miles per gallon? Or give up that big, safe, comfy truck for a little death trap rice burner?

I doubt you burned much more than a gallon for that run.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my AVERAGE mpg is pretty close to actual with in about 0.1 to 0.2mpg
with a completely Faulty burned out hybrid battery

i'm getting 25.5 to 27.5mpg with AFM enabled..

24.5 with V8 mode 6.0L engine
This is with the A/C on 2 (67F) setting and recycle..
Our trucks are generation before yours. We don't have AFM or hybrid. 2006 Yukon Denali XL is also AWD and the windows sticker says 14-17 mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700