10.9 mpg? Is it bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. So if it’s stuck, then is it just reading that? Or is it actually getting that to the gallon…?
It thinks that's what the mixture is and adjusts fuel accordingly. Do the math with a trip meter and gallons used to see how your average compares. Reset the average at the next tank fill up as well as a trip meter and then math that stuff out

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The milage is correct. It’s calculating of two factors (possibly) too much alcohol content and the o2 sensors being off from the mani leak.

Use e85 if it’s cheaper until the mani leak is fixed. You have a bandaid until you add a temp manifold clamp to stop the leak.

Keep in mind on this vehicle the e85 calculations are made by the o2 sensors and they are not getting good info from the leak.

Thanks for the info. So if it’s stuck, then is it just reading that? Or is it actually getting that to the gallon…?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if the fuel trims are high (positive) the cats can get ruined if it runs that way long enough.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Understand.

I learned how to do a lot of things because I was poor so I get it.

I picked up a lot of my first tools at garage sales and flea markets and learned how to do a lot of things by researching it. A lot of it before the internet was a thing and meant going to the library or local garage and asking questions.

Don’t cut yourself short on what your abilities are. Saying that you have never done something before is the reason you can’t do it, is just an excuse for not being willing to try. Lack of knowledge isn’t an excuse, just a temporary situation until you gain the knowledge.

As for time, I personally have four kids and work full time, so I get being busy, as do many of the folks on here. It’s just a matter of finding the time sometimes. I’ve been underneath my car in 2°F weather at 12:30am because that’s what it took to get the vehicle back up and running so I could get to work the next day.

The person who isn’t willing to risk making a mistake, is a person not willing to learn new things. Everyone in this forum had to learn what we know. Some had opportunities to learn earlier in life than others, but everyone that is trying to help you has had to learn stuff along the way. Also, you are not the only one that had to pinch pennys to make it from paycheck to paycheck.

When people on this forum offer up help in the form of guidance or suggestions and the only thing we get back are excuses as to why it can’t be done, they will stop offering up assistance. You are asking a lot of questions, which is fine, but you will not find an “Easy Button” for most of the issues you are having. They will take time and some money to work through. We will be here to help you along the way, but you have to be willing to listen, learn and most of all be patient as you get the time, tools and money to address the issues.
You hit the nail in the head w that advise

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know it’s $700 to get the one stud fixed? I don’t see myself tapping it or drilling it or WhatVer. I don’t have the tools or time and I work full time. So I’m pretty SOL
Idk where you live but that seems high for one broken stud did you mean one side?

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you man. I honestly just go through Phases being stressed out. My car or WhatVer if may be. I appreciate you hearing me out and Motivating me. I appreciate this thread as a whole. It’s a really good place.

I hope someday everyone will wrench on their own vehicle, because (and no offense to mechanics on here it isn’t your fault)
But shops are just to damn expensiv
maybe one of the guys on here know a better shop. Where do you live

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts