G80 Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no it does not. it locks when it see slippage and I thought only up to 15mph? G80 is not a goof thing for taking abuse.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it does not. it locks when it see slippage and I thought only up to 15mph? G80 is not a goof thing for taking abuse.

I believe this is right. It has a mechanical system on the inside that locks up under slippage, and only up to a certain (slow) speed. It also likes to blow up and take your rear axle with it, so be careful.

arctic388

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the G80 and want to change fluid when i have them do my transmission. does it call for anything other than gear oil? any additive? do i need to buy a gasket or can i just use the gasket maker stuff that squirts out. plan on using amsoil 75W90 if that matters with the gasket.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, so just the E80 or Eaton in general.
Been looking at the trutrac, seems the best way to go in the tahoe's, well besides ARB.

A trutrac is a solid choice.

Also, the G80 in the 14 bolts is not bad. Actually, it's a pretty decent set up. Incase anyone is looking into swapping a SF or a FF 14 bolt into their truck. You can convert either axle down to 6 lugs now. Eventually mine will get a trutrac and 4.56's but that is not something to be done right a way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old T