Fuel Trims Crazy???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quickly looking at it, trims seem normal at idle, upon light acceleration they go pretty negative meaning you are running rich so its pulling fuel. Something else seems off.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could an exhaust leak above the O2 sensors cause this? Do the O2 sensors seem lazy?

BlackBear asked for another data log on 93 octane be sent for evaluation. I just filled up with E85 so it'll take a bit to get the tank back to 100% gasoline.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exhaust leaks are never good. pre o2 even worse. can mess up the trims for sure.

you got snapped off manifold bolts? like we all do at some point...thanks gm.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following. I'm only beginning to learn about fuel trims myself so I can't be of much help. I always send a log file to Justin and ask for help.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the correct adapter so the Tech2 can connect to my laptop and interact with the TIS2000 software. Here is the same run as above with all the data recorded available as viewed from the TIS2000 software:

No broken exhaust bolts that I know of. All the heads of the bolts for the exhaust manifolds are in place and the six studs and nuts connecting the y-pipe are good as well. I would like to run my hands around the Y-pipe connection to just triple check for myself, everyone else who's been down there and done it says no leaks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the correct adapter so the Tech2 can connect to my laptop and interact with the TIS2000 software. Here is the same run as above with all the data recorded available as viewed from the TIS2000 software:

No broken exhaust bolts that I know of. All the heads of the bolts for the exhaust manifolds are in place and the six studs and nuts connecting the y-pipe are good as well. I would like to run my hands around the Y-pipe connection to just triple check for myself, everyone else who's been down there and done it says no leaks.
Did you set up a laptop with Windows XP so you can use the TIS2000? I can't load it on mine.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you set up a laptop with Windows XP so you can use the TIS2000? I can't load it on mine.

We have an old HP laptop (DV8000) that I bought new for my wife back in 2006. Still works and a year or so ago I was forced to put Windows 7 on it. Tried to also put it on my PC, Windows 10, but that didn't work. Laptop did not have serial port so I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which allows the Tech2 to talk to the laptop. Plug and play, just had to change the com port in the TIS2000 software.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have an old HP laptop (DV8000) that I bought new for my wife back in 2006. Still works and a year or so ago I was forced to put Windows 7 on it. Tried to also put it on my PC, Windows 10, but that didn't work. Laptop did not have serial port so I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VYJRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which allows the Tech2 to talk to the laptop. Plug and play, just had to change the com port in the TIS2000 software.
I can't get setup to work so I think my installation disc is bad. It just hangs both my computers up; the desktop which has Win 7 64 bit and my laptop with Win 7 32 bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10