Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbman18j

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the past two years over 30k miles I have had the rubber on the end of the fuel tank pressure sensor come out of the top of the fuel sender unit. The first time I had the dealer replace it because I was short on time to drop the tank the second time I did it myself. The way it looks I am trying to figure out is this common? The second time it happened I got a small evap leak code a couple of weeks prior to notices fuel leak under the vehicle when filling the tank. I know I have a avalanche but from what I remember the sensor, design, and fuel sender are the same. The truck has 194k miles on it now.

Jimmy John

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if your Evap system is not venting properly and builds up pressure which blows out your sensor. Does anyone know what usually happens first when your tank gets over pressurized ?

OP
OP
cbman18j

cbman18j

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They may have been the case now that you mention it, you are probably right because prior to that issue I was having problems filling the tank and the pump would click off at 1/2 full and burp fuel out the fill nozzle. I haven't had that issue lately. Probably because I replaced the vent solenoid trying to clear the p0449 code