Fuel tank in place where the spare tire is located.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk much but the 39 gallon tank or if it would work in the 1500 burbs. Mine is regular gas not flex is psi same

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 39 gallon NNBS tank is the route I would go.

I was unaware that a 39 gallon tank was available for the Burbs.

The 39 was only available on the 2500’s.

Idk much but the 39 gallon tank or if it would work in the 1500 burbs. Mine is regular gas not flex is psi same

The 2500 GMT800s and GMT900s had TWO fuel tanks, a 26 gallon tank in the usual place and an 11.5 gallon tank above the spare tire. The GMT400s had a 42 gallon fuel tank.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

I'm not 100% sure about the non-flex fuel as I don't have one.

The fuel pumps on this generation aren't as simple as the old ones.

They are not just On or Off.

They have a fuel pressure control module and can ramp the pressure up and down as needed.

In the Tech 2 you can watch different parameters for the fuel pump and you can see the commanded pressure and the actual pressure.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They have a fuel pressure control module and can ramp the pressure up and down as needed.

In the Tech 2 you can watch different parameters for the fuel pump and you can see the commanded pressure and the actual pressure.

And you can tune the FSCM (Fuel System Control Module) if you buy a third credit, at least with HPT.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What do you mean credit

He is referring to custom tuning with HP Tuners. You have to pay for credits for each individual module you want to tune.

Examples... ECM, TCM, FSCM... etc.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He is referring to custom tuning with HP Tuners. You have to pay for credits for each individual module you want to tune.

Examples... ECM, TCM, FSCM... etc.

Ok I don't know alot about tuning. And that fuel control module along with the fuel pressure sensor are what I figured regulates fuel pressure inatead of a pressure regulator. Can a normal fuel pump work with the rise and drop in amperage or voltage whatever it does to make it pump more or less? Or does it need to be a special type of pump? if it can't work I can probably use a modern ones pump in the obs sending unit I gotta look into that

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm finding is our fuel pump control module is a pulse width module so I need to find a variable voltage pump that will fit the 99 sending unit

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm finding is our fuel pump control module is a pulse width module so I need to find a variable voltage pump that will fit the 99 sending unit
Or make the NNBS fuel pump fit the lock ring and mount on the OBS tank by cutting it down like I suggested to you. It’s the same design so just replicating the smaller diameter of the OBS pump flange should work. They make weld-in mounts for all the GM fuel pumps that include lock rings but since the factory tanks are all plastic that won’t work. I have an aluminum fuel cell in my bagged Silvy that uses a stock pump that I cut down on height so it would fit. It’s not that hard to modify a pump or mount so you can install the factory pump for your application, it’s a pretty simple design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700