FS: OEM onstar Bluetooth module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea how does this install? I would get one for my Hoe just to make calls with it.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Really? For less than $10 I went to Radio Shack and bought a short cable that plugs into the aux jack in the radio and the other end ford into my phone. It gives me more features. Phone calls go through radio speakers, plus I can play music and get gps navigation. It works so well that I did the same for my wife's car. Now, we both have T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide phones. They have a Car Mode app and a genius button. Anytime I get a call or need to listen to a text message it lets me use voice commands to answer calls, respond to text messages, play specific songs, etc. In my opinion, GM wasted their money on making this option when a simple cable, which they do offer through GM Accessories, does the same thing and more.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? For less than $10 I went to Radio Shack and bought a short cable that plugs into the aux jack in the radio and the other end ford into my phone. It gives me more features. Phone calls go through radio speakers, plus I can play music and get gps navigation. It works so well that I did the same for my wife's car. Now, we both have T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide phones. They have a Car Mode app and a genius button. Anytime I get a call or need to listen to a text message it lets me use voice commands to answer calls, respond to text messages, play specific songs, etc. In my opinion, GM wasted their money on making this option when a simple cable, which they do offer through GM Accessories, does the same thing and more.

Yea but this is OEM with no signs of any cables or anything and it also reads out through the DIC.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not everyone carries a $200+ smart phone. I know what you mean though. Girlfriend and I use cables, her parents use the factory bluetooth with their flip phones.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Felix I meant more of how does it install cable wise. Does it have an adapter cord or what?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bluetooth adaptor plugs in directly into the 09+ VCIM's. You already have a VCIM so if you did this bluetooth mod you would be replacing your whole VCIM module along with a bluetooth adaptor that plugs into that. Your stock harness plugs into the new VCIM since you already had one there prior. If you look at the pics on this ebay auction, you can see the VCIM separate from the BT adaptor (which also comes with it in this particular auction). You will see other VCIM's on eBay that would be compatible but don't come with the BT adaptor. You can also buy this BT adaptor separately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-SILVER...es&hash=item3373efb7a6&vxp=mtr#ht_1772wt_1219

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Through the DIC? That's something different. Benefit sales ftw. The aux cable definitely doesn't do that.

Yep... the benefits of doing an OEM install. I originally bought a BlueFusion unit for bluetooth calls AND music (which this VCIM mod does not do) but it made everything sound really bad since I had a GMX550 LockPick installed so I took it out. I'm eventually going to get one of these VCIM modules for bluetooth calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019