Front wheel hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swore I read a how-to on front wheel hub replacement and I can't seem to find it now..... Anyone have the link for it????

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. Only 4 bolts per side. Three hub mount bolts, and the CV axle nut. Remove all of those, and use a hub puller to yank it off.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove your caliper (3/8th's allen).
Remove Rotor
Remove Axle nut. (36mm)
Remove the 4 bolts on the back side of the hub (15mm)
Disconnect your ABS sensor
Hammer off the hub itself. If you have a slide hammer, that will help. I usually get them off with a 40oz dead blow hammer and a pry bar

Installation is the reverse. Torque spec's are 185 ftlbs on the axle nut. I think it's like 38ftlbs on the back side bolts? Not sure on that however. I just zip them tight with an impact anyways

One thing I've found from doing hub's on different makes and models is that when you put your axle nut back on, make sure the threads are the same if you are using a new nut. Some hub's come with that new nut, some don't. I almost always end up using the old one since the threads are the same as the CV shaft.

However, if replacing a CV shaft, I use the new one that it comes with.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5270

Found the thread you where talking about. Hope it helps

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the hammer part a BFH works wonders :D

Forum statistics

Threads