Front sturt and coil assembly replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Tahoe LT with rear air ride, with 22" wheels, but no magnetic ride upfront.

The front struts just look like normal coilovers.

Just wanted to double check myself, but do these look correct? I know acdelco list 2 options, but one says it's for models without 22" rims, and the option in the photo has no discretion.

Screenshot_20230915_080830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked up the GM part number so you can cross reference? I’m hesitant to buy anything that doesn’t have a good description. Especially one this important.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked up the GM part number so you can cross reference? I’m hesitant to buy anything that doesn’t have a good description. Especially one this important.
Good point. I'll search And see what I can find from GM

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like GM calls out the same part after searching my VIN

Screenshot_20230915_210345_Samsung Internet.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a winner. Just a question. Any reason you’re replacing the entire assembly vs getting new struts? I’m asking bc I went this route and wished I had replaced the struts only.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a winner. Just a question. Any reason you’re replacing the entire assembly vs. getting new struts? I’m asking bc I went this route and wished I had replaced the struts only.
I thought about it, but I have been tracking down a noise in the front for a while and have really gone and replaced damn near everything so far aside from the front strut assembly.

They would be good to replace anyways as the struts are pretty rusted. So I figured I'd just go ahead and replace them. I also replaced the rear a while back because one was leaking. So I'll have all fresh suspension for the most part.

As for replacing the assembly, I would hate to pull them out, take them apart, replace just the spring, or just the strut and it not be the issue. Plus this is a daily driver for field service so it be faster to just replace the assembly to get the car on the road as fast as possible for me.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't say how many miles are on the truck, but springs do weaken and compress a bit over time. When I replaced my shocks, I replaced everything, including control arms. Then, as you mentioned, I have a complete new suspension.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't say how many miles are on the truck, but springs do weaken and compress a bit over time. When I replaced my shocks, I replaced everything, including control arms. Then, as you mentioned, I have a complete new suspension.
About 107k miles, replaced all the front suspension so far aside from the front strut assemblies.

Rear shocks were replaced because one was leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10