Front Impact Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've had an airbag light and service airbag warning in my DIC for a while. I've doing research and ordered the part. Everything I've read and watched says it's easy DIY. Located under the radiator, remove the skid plate with 15mm, remove sensor with 10mm. I get under the truck remove the skid plate the sensor is under the radiator but I have to remove the fans first. Is this specific to the Denali?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong section please move.

So I've had an airbag light and service airbag warning in my DIC for a while. I've doing research and ordered the part. Everything I've read and watched says it's easy DIY. Located under the radiator, remove the skid plate with 15mm, remove sensor with 10mm. I get under the truck remove the skid plate the sensor is under the radiator but I have to remove the fans first. Is this specific to the Denali?
as soon as you take the splash guard off they are right there one on each side under the front edge of the metal bumper, you can reach up and feel them even with the splash guard on. the left and right are the same so if one side does not make the code go away you can swap it to the other side.

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as soon as you take the splash guard off they are right there one on each side under the front edge of the metal bumper, you can reach up and feel them even with the splash guard on. the left and right are the same so if one side does not make the code go away you can swap it to the other side.
I was able to touch them but the screw/bolt head is above so I can’t get to it.

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just take the splash guard off, they are bolted to the bottom front edge of the bumper there is no bolt above them.
I took the splash guard off. My sensor is not held on by a 10mm bolt. All the videos show a 10mm bolt from the bottom up. Mine is attached from the top down. I can’t tell what size or type of fastener is holding it on. The head of the bolt or screw is above.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the splash guard off. My sensor is not held on by a 10mm bolt. All the videos show a 10mm bolt from the bottom up. Mine is attached from the top down. I can’t tell what size or type of fastener is holding it on. The head of the bolt or screw is above.
can you stick your phone in there and snap a picture it shouldn't be on top, what year is your truck?

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you stick your phone in there and snap a picture it shouldn't be on top, what year is your truck?
It’s a 2012. Both sensor are mounted this way. I put the splash shield back on. I’ll get a picture tomorrow morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog