Ordered a front impact crash sensor...BO101 air bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a hopefully working front driver's side crash impact sensor causing my air bag light to illuminate...

I disconnected my battery, waited a bit and then removed my driver's side front impact/crash sensor after getting the air bag light. a scan using my BlueDriver showed it was a BO101 fault for the driver's side front sensor...I have been advised here and elsewhere to use only a GM part but I couldn't locate one only some off brand one's.

following some advice from Tonyrodz I ordered a replacement, used part off of eBay...the seller had several thousand positive sales so I hope this buttons up the issue with my Yukon Denali

Bill

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually take a multimeter to the junkyard when they have the $85 all you can carry days. Then i pull and ohm all the sensors i can find, keep the good ones and stock up.
With the hit and miss quality of what is available new, i still come out ahead for the price... even if they only last a year or two.
Oriellys shows 170 bucks for one, so 8 for 85 bucks is almost literally 10 cents on the dollar lol

OP
OP
SilverSport

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new/old module arrived earlier than promised...

after disconnecting the battery, I removed the original module, cleaned the ebay part and sprayed a touch of deoxIT D5 contact cleaner and preservative...reconnected and installed the module...reinstalled the battery connections and started the Denali...no more check engine light and no more air bag warning in the DIC...

ran a BlueDriver scan of all systems and it no longer showed an active air bag sensor issue...cleared the old air bag fault in memory and ran another scan...no more air bag issue...

just under $65 on ebay from a trusted seller and my new to me Denali is up to *****...

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk