Front end squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwrwjw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2013 GMC Yukon SLT has a popping, squeaking noise in the left front. It is worse when first driving it or backing out with the steering turned all the way out, but seems to go away after a few miles. I hear it also when I hit the brakes hard and the front end nose dives. Could this be coming from the rubber bushings in the front? I don't think it is the brakes or axle.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel hub? Jack the front end and do the tire "12 & 6 o'clock, then the 9 & 3 o'clock shake test" and the "spin test."

The control arm bushings you can listen with a helper jumping on that side of the vehicle to see if they squeak. Those usually squeak all the time and you hear them if you drive parallel to a wall or building with the windows down and go over a bump.

It may be a combination of things.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dry ball joint will also make a similar noise. Add it to your list to check when it's jacked up to check what @strutaeng mentioned as well

Also, sometimes a bad strut will give a groaning sound too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10