Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c-cab23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2004 Yukon with 4wd....I and getting a scraping sound from my left front wheel area when I make a left turn.....I have replaced wheel hubs on both sides cuz I noticed one was leaking grease....I also replaced brakes and rotors as it was due considering they where the original brakes....the truck has 84,000 miles....any suggestions as to what to look for now ? Thanks

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lcheck to see if the backing plate it touching the rotor, that will definitely make a scraping noise

sefiro

Reaction score
Sticky caliper? Normal caliper should allow piston to backoff by having the rotor flex spread the pads apart a bit. Sticky caliper works prevent this causing pads to continue scraping the rotor.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

c-cab23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sticky caliper? Normal caliper should allow piston to backoff by having the rotor flex spread the pads apart a bit. Sticky caliper works prevent this causing pads to continue scraping the rotor.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
If it was a sticky caliper do you think it would make the scraping noise only when turning left ?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be possible that your front end may be sagging and your tire is rubbing the wheel well liner?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
All good thoughts in here. How long ago dog you do the hub/bearing assy's? And did you use Timkens or some Chinese auto zone shit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon