Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked thru a gm ert for our cracked dash in an 08 yukon and no joy.....out of warranty out of luck.. at least the ERT took time to try..

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Dash Caps have been around for years and years. A friend of mine with a 1974 Datsun 240Z got one for his car. It looked better than the broken up dash, but I could always tell it was a cap.

Years ago, they used to make a vinyl & leather repair kit, it was a rubbery compound you would mix and try to get the correct color, then spread it on the material and there was this piece of vinyl they would send to use as a pattern. I wonder if something like this would work for the dash cracks... use it like a bondo, and then make an impression to get the texture... Wouldn't be perfect without painting the entire dash, but it might look a little better.

If/when this happens to me, I would still personally consider going to an upholstery shop and see if they can cover it in vinyl.

John

codster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali just purchased used. I haven't tried calling GM yet.

Attachments

• denali crack.jpg
    denali crack.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Yukon Denali just purchased used. I haven't tried calling GM yet.

if they wont fix my 2008, i bet they will laugh harder at your 2007. The customer service lady at two dealerships i talked to while working with corporate GM both said the goodwill on dashes is not likely unless it is still under warranty

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
Same issue. Cracked dash on driver side on back side of the cluster hump. Just dealing with it but would love to have it replaced if all possible.

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i doubt mine would get fixed. Im out of warranty. How much does the dash cost?

hokeyplayr1986

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mines is cracked as well

Yea I have one crack just like one of your pictures from right around the passenger air bag cover. Also another partial crack right behind the instrument dash hood. Sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamKansasCity

Latest posts