Front bumper lower valence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this site. I picked up a '95 Tahoe in June. It is Red and Silver with Z71 wheels. In the process of shaving the roof rack off ( have to fill and grind down the holes), shaved the 3rd brake light off, debaged and rub strips removed and lowered just a bit.

Well with all this snow we are getting in the NorthEast I pulled into my parking lot today at work and hit a huge chunk of ice and cracked my front valence off. Where is the best place to get a new one?

I will post a pic of the truck as soon as I can clean her up.

Thanks for your help.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheapest place would be a local junkyard most likely. if that doesn't work out craigslist or ebay.

new ones can be had from LMC truck but are expensive for just being a piece of plastic.

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Reaction score
cheapest place would be a local junkyard most likely. if that doesn't work out craigslist or ebay.

new ones can be had from LMC truck but are expensive for just being a piece of plastic.

Alright cool I will check that site out.

BTW my last car was an Audi so anything is cheap compared to what I paid for parts for that POS.

Before my Audi I had a 2002 GMC SIERRA 2500HD Duramax. Unfortunately the economy in the last few years has sucked and I needed to scale down in order to stay a float.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a worthless piece of plastic anyway, just take it fully off and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your truck is now safe from parking lot ice boulders. :cool:

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Reaction score
It's a worthless piece of plastic anyway, just take it fully off and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your truck is now safe from parking lot ice boulders. :cool:

Yea I will probably wait until Spring to see what I wanna do since we keep getting his with snow. Ill remove it for now.

BTW what driving lights do have. Been meaning to pick up a set but unsure which ones to get.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I will probably wait until Spring to see what I wanna do since we keep getting his with snow. Ill remove it for now.

BTW what driving lights do have. Been meaning to pick up a set but unsure which ones to get.

The ones on my bumper? Those are the finest top quality chrome plated driving lights you'll ever find for $25 a piece at NAPA. They have 100w bulbs and put the stock high beams to shame. I'm going to replace them with nicer quality lights in a year or so, maybe Lightforce if I feel up to shelling out $350 for a set. I would go for $50-70 a set street legal ones if you live in a city (max 55w bulb) but since I live in the boonies with a lot of "inbetween" they have saved my hide more than once.

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Reaction score
Ah alright. I think I am going to get a set of 4" or 5" Westin lights and mount them on the bumper.

laxman21

Reaction score
shaved the 3rd brake light off,

You removed it?

Good way to get pulled over as it is a required piece of safety equipment...and fail inspection and the possibility of legal issues if you are involved in a rear end accident.

OP
OP
Big Red

Big Red

Reaction score
You removed it?

Good way to get pulled over as it is a required piece of safety equipment...and fail inspection and the possibility of legal issues if you are involved in a rear end accident.

I removed it from the outside and relocated it to the inside. Still extremely visible. I wouldnt have done it if you couldnt still see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts