Fog retro question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
No blame...it's been a learning experience either way. I've had fun messing with them, but it's one of those cases where they may have been better left alone.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I sense quiet resentment ... being married for ten years I'm all too familiar with it. :)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hahaha....I sense projected guilt. You are spending too much time with your truck and not enough with your wife. ;)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
A buddy of mine got some Blazer fogs, so I took mine over and we compared them lit up. Overall, not hugely different. The Blazers were definitely a cleaner cutoff, but that's my fault for screwing the Fusion shields up a bit. I have TONS of color, though, also my fault. The Blazer output was more uniform throughout the beam. Brightness was about the same. I am seriously considering getting a set of the P1 Universal lights from ebay now just to compare.

I may change the overall plan to a different projector, but that remains to be seen right now. On another note, we are finally making some progress on the HID back-up lights. My buddy is trying to pre-wire pretty much everything so it's ready to go. Then when we install we just basically have to run the wiring.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you thinking of putting hids in blazer fogs?

HIDP is full of threads with melted blazer projectors with hid bulbs. :(

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Are you thinking of putting hids in blazer fogs?

HIDP is full of threads with melted blazer projectors with hid bulbs. :(

No, I wouldn't run them on my truck. I've read the horror stories, too. That said, they are sharp with a 35w HID bulb in them. Very impressive looking. I was holding it in my hand lit up and it didn't feel like it got that hot, honestly, although obviously I didn't sit there and hold it for a prolonged period of time.

I am really curious about those little P1's now, though. I want to compare their cutoff to the other two. They all are similar in size, so it'd be interesting to see which one actually has the best performance. The Fusions look pretty good, even with my chopped up cutoff....lol. Mine have a huge color band thanks to the unevenness.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ these are the Blazers with HIDs?

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Those are the P1's. They're like $50/set on ebay. That's why I'm thinking about getting some.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O I C ... those look nice actually. :waytogo:

Just got a set of Blazers today for an uber secret mod. :secret:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909