Fix for play in Drivers seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the plug on a 2000 Yucon 2500. Clean Carfax. Other than a few issues that appear to be common nothing I can find wrong other than a little play in the drivers seat. All power functions work but it has a bit of travel in forward/back position. It adjusts forward and back with no problem, the issue is that once set it will shift forward and back a half inch or so, noticed it when I tested the brakes, brake and slight shift forward, accelerate and slight shift back. I imagine its a simple fix, maybe even just tightening something or a bit of lube but this is a first for me. Any suggestions, ideas or pics of where to start or what to look for is appreciated. I'm involved with Jaguar, BMW, Miata, and now Yucon forums, and have always found the best advise, direction and information comes from those that own vs those that service. Thanks again.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was a recall or TSB be for that. Sorry no link for you.

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the plug on a 2000 Yucon 2500. Clean Carfax. Other than a few issues that appear to be common nothing I can find wrong other than a little play in the drivers seat. All power functions work but it has a bit of travel in forward/back position. It adjusts forward and back with no problem, the issue is that once set it will shift forward and back a half inch or so, noticed it when I tested the brakes, brake and slight shift forward, accelerate and slight shift back. I imagine its a simple fix, maybe even just tightening something or a bit of lube but this is a first for me. Any suggestions, ideas or pics of where to start or what to look for is appreciated. I'm involved with Jaguar, BMW, Miata, and now Yucon forums, and have always found the best advise, direction and information comes from those that own vs those that service. Thanks again.

I have the same issue on my 04 Z71.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia