AC Fix Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sstauffer7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This summer (in AZ nonetheless) my AC started blowing slightly warmer up front, when the rear vents remained cold. After looking through a bunch of threads and testing it out I found that my refrigerant was on the low side. Using one of those cheap AC Pro re-chargers (temporary band-aid, I know) I added coolant back to the normal range and the AC now blows cold as it should.. I want to do a real fix but I don't know where to start looking for the culprit of the slow leak... Taking it into the local AC shop is on my list, but are there any obvious or common causes for slow leaks these Yukon's that I could possibly self-diagnose?

2015 Yukon SLE

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if the condenser has not been replaced yet, don’t water any money until you can include that item in your ac repair budget. The original condenser will fail.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @RST Dana said and a quick way to spot a slow leak like that is to look for moist looking dirt at the threaded fittings. There is a/c oil in the system and when refrigerant leaks out, so does oil and it mixes with the dirt and shows. The likely place is the ports where the shrader valves are. They are prone to slow leakage. Whatever you do, go ahead and replace the condenser and also do the accumulator and I always to the low pressure switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo