First Chevy. 2023 RST Tahoe. ISO wheel pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMITH2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title says this is my first Chevrolet. Traded my 2021 Bronco Badlands in. Had quite a bit of equity and wanted large do it all family hauler for the kids.

I live upstate NY and I think i want to get 20 inch wheels with some all terrains, the bridgestones have pretty bad winter reviews. Probably will get Wildpeaks, id like to retain the good ride quality. Feel free to drop your own setup or thoughts.

Also heavily considering the Brembo brake upgrade as they stock brakes are the only major complaint I have. I’ve had some nice sports cars and I like the ability to stop quick, but heck even my 95 f150 loaded slows quicker than this. I feel like its towing 5000 pounds without trailer brakes allllll the time when slowing down. But otherwise, I really like this Tahoe.

View attachment 412996
Just brought my new Tahoe home and it looks like yours. So far I love it as it handels the mountains in Colorado great. I do need to add a transmission cooler and need som advice

Macrez21

Reaction score
As the title says this is my first Chevrolet. Traded my 2021 Bronco Badlands in. Had quite a bit of equity and wanted large do it all family hauler for the kids.

I live upstate NY and I think i want to get 20 inch wheels with some all terrains, the bridgestones have pretty bad winter reviews. Probably will get Wildpeaks, id like to retain the good ride quality. Feel free to drop your own setup or thoughts.

Also heavily considering the Brembo brake upgrade as they stock brakes are the only major complaint I have. I’ve had some nice sports cars and I like the ability to stop quick, but heck even my 95 f150 loaded slows quicker than this. I feel like its towing 5000 pounds without trailer brakes allllll the time when slowing down. But otherwise, I really like this Tahoe.

View attachment 412996
I ordered the brembo upgrade for mine. I actually feel the same way you do when it comes to stopping these things. Also the suspension has to a-lot to do with that feeling.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point. that was one of the first things i did, and am still doing. i swapped in the Bilstein 5100's and new stock springs. i have a bunch of bushings and i'm trying to determine the best way to re do the front end. either buy the Detroit Speed front end kit, which includes everything including inner and outer tie rods, or piece it out with Rock auto. i really wanted to use all factory replacement parts to ensure similar driving characteristics.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point. that was one of the first things i did, and am still doing. i swapped in the Bilstein 5100's and new stock springs. i have a bunch of bushings and i'm trying to determine the best way to re do the front end. either buy the Detroit Speed front end kit, which includes everything including inner and outer tie rods, or piece it out with Rock auto. i really wanted to use all factory replacement parts to ensure similar driving characteristics.
That "detroit" chinesium will have to be replaced sooner than you think been there done that. i would do moog (not the rk series) or delco,

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. you're right. Its next on my list. right now, my cel is on bank 1 and 2 too rich i changed my cone air filter (paper) that also had a reducer ring in it. The new filter had a smaller opening so it fit right on the tube. Prior to that i had just a p0150. now i have the p0171 and 72. UGH i'm gonna have to pay to have it fixed as i tried to get the downstream one out and it wasn't having it. So, gotta bite the bullet. wish me luck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts