First (and hopefully only) Wreck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pkempa1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Driving out of town the other day and experienced some major traffic. Cars switching lanes without looking and overly speeding caused my lane to brake instantly. Luckily, I was not too close to the car in front of me, but had to slam on my brakes due to other idiot drivers. The driver behind me? Not so lucky. After braking, the individual behind me was either following too close or not paying attention and rear ended me before entering the on ramp on a major bridge. My Denali is easily repairable since my bumper caught it all, and there is no damage underneath to my spare tire or metal structure. On the other hand, their car took quite a beating and had to be towed away. I am impressed with my Yukon after this. Sadly, have not even had it long enough to receive my new license plate. (Sad face)

Attachments

• Wreck1JPG.jpg
    Wreck1JPG.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Wreck2.jpg
    Wreck2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. It looks like you were both ******* the brakes at the time of impact. Meaning your back end was up higher and their front end was lower than usual. Couple that with the height of the rear of these things and you pealed their hood pretty good. The Yukon took it pretty well it looks like. Maybe you'll have it repaired in time to install your new plate!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you're ok! I guess this is another good reason we drive the full size suvs in cases such as this where the car took on most of the damage and yours looks very repairable and nothing too major.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job on doing what you need to drive safely. We can't control those around (or behind us), but you certainly did what you could by maintaining a safe distance. Glad to see you're ok, and that the damage seems relatively minor. Hopefully it's just the bumper cover and a few brackets underneath. You'll be back up and running in no time.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rear ended just the other day in my 2015 Denali... Compared to your situation - my Yukon took MORE damage from the year and the car that hit me took significantly less damage than the car that hit you.

My car is at my local GMC dealership getting repaired, but they are having to go back and forth with the insurance company on cost.

I am also going to try and collect on diminution in value, but I have a feeling that is going to be a beating.

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me only I was already stopped, wasn't really his fault the sun was right in our faces and was hard to see, but after that they couldn't get hold of anyone from the other party, his radiator ate my trailer hitch and wouldn't start after and had to be towed, no dmg to the Yukon but I had it looked at and made them put on a new hitch and pay for a Tahoe rental when they were going to give me a car, hope it all works out, and glad everybody is whole.