Finally upgraded my brakes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock shit sucked so bad it wasnt even funny! Everytime the brakes got wet, it would take over twice the distance to stop and the pads werent even worn halfway! Since upgrading everything on my Formula a few years back, I figured I would do the same thing to the Yukon.

Discount tire direct for the pads, I think $74 shipped, autoanything.com for the rotors and brake lines $260 shipped.
EBC slotted rotors
EBC green stuff pads
StopTech stainless brake lines
ATE Super Blue brake fluid
OEM new calipers(stockers were badly seized and wouldnt break loose even with heat)

Everything went pretty much as planned except for the calipers bolts being rusted/seized in place and then rounded off, finding out the boot on the caliper bracket was stuck in sideways rubbing on the slide pin and oh yeah the brake line having a pin hole in it. Anyways got it all done and come to find out the rear rotors and pads were garbage but didnt have a kit to do the rears so April for that one! Since I had to replace the calipers, I ended up spraying them too.

IMG_0102.sized.jpg
IMG_0103.sized.jpg
IMG_0104.sized.jpg
IMG_0106.sized.jpg
IMG_0107.sized.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far so good but I drove it just enough to seat the pads and I have to complete the rears to get the full effect of good brakes BUT there was a noticeable difference already!

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some yellowstuff EBC pads and they cut down a lot of the stopping distance on my hoe (even when compared to new OEM pads). The initial bite of the yellowstuff pads is also pretty impressive. I noticed these results when I first put them on and they got really good after about 500 miles of wear (this is with stock calipers, rotors, and lines).

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on your brakes? I have like 60k+ and still have hella brake left. Rotors dont pulsate at all. Just wonderin

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some yellowstuff EBC pads and they cut down a lot of the stopping distance on my hoe (even when compared to new OEM pads). The initial bite of the yellowstuff pads is also pretty impressive. I noticed these results when I first put them on and they got really good after about 500 miles of wear (this is with stock calipers, rotors, and lines).

did you replace all pads or just the fronts? I was thinking about just using yellowstuff pads for the back with oem rotors to save some $$.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you replace all pads or just the fronts? I was thinking about just using yellowstuff pads for the back with oem rotors to save some $$.

I've got yellowstuff on all four corners and everything else is stock. All the brake system components worked fine, so there wasn't a need to change anything out when I changed my pads. I had the fronts on for like 5k miles and then they came out with some rears so I got them too. These pads have saved my butt in more than one occasion (crazy drivers around Austin and San Antonio). If I had OEM pads, I would have easily gotten into some fender benders.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

How many miles are on your brakes? I have like 60k+ and still have hella brake left. Rotors dont pulsate at all. Just wonderin

Who are you asking? I have about 20k on mine and they still look pretty much new.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

so far so good but I drove it just enough to seat the pads and I have to complete the rears to get the full effect of good brakes BUT there was a noticeable difference already!

Make sure you read the instructions for seating the EBC pads. The yellowstuff pad seating was different than normal pad seating.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM