Finally got it LOW. Got a few questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
Just got my truck from a friend of mines shop. The front is about an inch from starting to tuck tire and I'm going to set the back level with that.

I have keys up front, 5" DJM springs in the back, and DJM shocks in the back.

Let's just say, it rides OK. The ride isn't my problem. The front creaks. I'm not sure if it's the bump stops or something more serious. If it's the bump stops, just remove them, correct? As for the rear I wanna get it just before tucking tire, which is about 1.5" more. Should I get the 5.5" TB springs? If so will I need shock extenders with my DJM shock?

I just wanna get it all straight before I get it aligned.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Also just talked to my friend, he said it could partially be the RLTA which I was going to order this week anyways.. Would that help?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll let the folks knowledgeable about suspension mods reply but I wanna see pics!!! :)

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the extenders out back?
Looks great!!
The bump stops I just cut mine half way, some cut and grind them all the way off..

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I wouldn't remove your front bump stops.....you can order some low profile poly's and cut off the stock stops and replace them but if you just take out the factory stops you're likely to hit the brackets.......as afar as out back there are plenty of options and I'm sure Tony will chime in but you'll need to cut your rear bump stop brackets off (free travel mod) if you haven't already. I opted for a simple bag setup in the rear since my static drop had rubbing issues anytime I put anyone in the truck, even my wife. When you go super low with a static drop you have to remember that any extra weight is going to have a profound impact on things.....

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i want your wheels FIRST lol ok you just have keys in front ? it could be shocks upper control arms lowers hubs ?? just gatta check all that stuff and you want to go lower man BAG the back man like i did!!! springs ride so rough

OP
OP
J-dub

J-dub

The TYF Young One
Reaction score
do you have the extenders out back?
Looks great!!
The bump stops I just cut mine half way, some cut and grind them all the way off..

I looked on my lunch break, they aren't there. Just the bracket. I may remove the bracket and put new smaller bump stops on.

I wouldn't remove your front bump stops.....you can order some low profile poly's and cut off the stock stops and replace them but if you just take out the factory stops you're likely to hit the brackets.......as afar as out back there are plenty of options and I'm sure Tony will chime in but you'll need to cut your rear bump stop brackets off (free travel mod) if you haven't already. I opted for a simple bag setup in the rear since my static drop had rubbing issues anytime I put anyone in the truck, even my wife. When you go super low with a static drop you have to remember that any extra weight is going to have a profound impact on things.....

I have the free travel mod, I don't bottom at all. It just rides... not so great. I'd love to bag the back, just don't really know how to go about it.

man i want your wheels FIRST lol ok you just have keys in front ? it could be shocks upper control arms lowers hubs ?? just gatta check all that stuff and you want to go lower man BAG the back man like i did!!! springs ride so rough

Meet me somewhere at a shop and pay to swap tires and I'll trade! I've been looking for new ones lol.

Everything up front looks good, EXCEPT for one of the ball joints looks a little rough but it doesn't look like it would creak. I think I need to put some grease on my shock mounts though.

looks good

Thanks bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALCLSC1989