Few questions about certain features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
2016 Yukon XL Denali and have some questions on some features...

I see a setting for auto-fold mirror setting....does that just activate the button or is there a way to get them to fold in when truck is turned off?

Is there a setting that allows a phone to be plugged into one of the USB ports and NOT switch it over to play the media from that phone?

Does adaptive cruise include any type of front crash prevention other that when cruise in being operated?

Thanks.

jrodriguez_20807

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the power fold you have to hold the lock button for t seconds and to unfold you hold the unlock button for 5 seconds.

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a wise ass but have you looked in the manual I did read some of it and I believe it did have some answers to your questions. I haven't even got mine yet but I did download the manual and I'm starting to read it

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a wise ass but have you looked in the manual I did read some of it and I believe it did have some answers to your questions. I haven't even got mine yet but I did download the manual and I'm starting to read it

Yeah, yeah....I have read the manual and am kinda confused on the mirror thing. Auto-mirror fold sounds like it would happen when the car is turn on or off not after you press and hold a button for 5 secs. If I missed it.....well, I missed it.

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Yahtzee so I just red the manual and from what I gather you need to go into the DIC menu and turn on the power folding mirrors so when you press the and hold the lock on the key fob they will fold in and hold unlock to fold out. I do feel the same as you you shouldn't have to hold the key fob to execute this function after turning it on it should be exit vehicle press lock on the door handle because you we have keyless entry and exit this should just fold them in then to unfold you just open the door the key fob is supposed to stay in your pocket that's the reason why they made keyless keys

rad-man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes, "auto" means you have to hold the lock button. Stupid.
I have adaptice cruise, and apparently it has forward crash prevention. Meaning, it should stop if you drive towards an object. I plan to use a empty box to test.

What about forward parking assist.
In reverse, it is progressive, meaning seat vibrates slow to fast as you get closer. But nothing when you go forward.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, "auto" means you have to hold the lock button. Stupid.
I have adaptice cruise, and apparently it has forward crash prevention. Meaning, it should stop if you drive towards an object. I plan to use a empty box to test.

What about forward parking assist.
In reverse, it is progressive, meaning seat vibrates slow to fast as you get closer. But nothing when you go forward.

Forward park assist will beep but only when you get to the closest bar on the display which looks like about a distance of 12". It really should be progressive like the rear park assist.
Bish

Techneeqx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Yahtzee so I just red the manual and from what I gather you need to go into the DIC menu and turn on the power folding mirrors so when you press the and hold the lock on the key fob they will fold in and hold unlock to fold out. I do feel the same as you you shouldn't have to hold the key fob to execute this function after turning it on it should be exit vehicle press lock on the door handle because you we have keyless entry and exit this should just fold them in then to unfold you just open the door the key fob is supposed to stay in your pocket that's the reason why they made keyless keys

Does anyone know if additional research has been done on this topic? I agree, the mirrors should automatically fold when locking. Not by holding a button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts