Fender trimming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JestersHK

Reaction score
I recently picked up some 285/75R18 tires and have the RC 3.5 kit on order for our 21 Yukon XL. I know it says 20in rims for the RC kit, but I'm going to give the 18s a try

I realize I'll still likely need to do some trimming, but are there any decent guides on doing this out there?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up some 285/75R18 tires and have the RC 3.5 kit on order for our 21 Yukon XL. I know it says 20in rims for the RC kit, but I'm going to give the 18s a try

I realize I'll still likely need to do some trimming, but are there any decent guides on doing this out there?
You will likely be fine, other than minor fender liner trimming. It greatly depends on the offset of the wheels.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be cautious, less is more. and in most cases, you can trim BEHIND those liners and push them back. this helps maintain the clean finished look of the install.

many times, i see beautiful trucks destroyed in initial appearance by a poor done trim...especially how some just hack bumper corners off.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will likely be fine, other than minor fender liner trimming. It greatly depends on the offset of the wheels.
Did someone say wheel offset? ... Kidding. As you know, I had to chop off some of my fenders to fit my 24x14's, even with my 3 inch lift, but it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I don't get any rubbing except for a 2"x3" fender liner flap piece that I need to cut off, but I've been too lazy to do it. Otherwise, I don't have any serious rubbing problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas