FCA Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone out there do me a favor haha. I just noticed that on my wife's 2016 Tahoe Z71 her FCA does not appear to be working, and I am thinking that on startup the red led's on the dash (non HUD) should light up during the gauge check period and hers are not and wanted to ask if someone could verify this on theirs. The Lane Keep assist is working and I get the "Green/Yellow Car" when driving but it does not alert when you go out of the lane either and I am thinking they are related but is not the typical issue I have read about when the Camera is malfunctioning or needs calibrated and wanted to get some info before taking to the dealer which I hate doing anyway. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you by chance take a look at the owners manual to see how everything is suppose to work or was it working before and not working now. If that is the case I would absolutely take it to the Dealer. Good luck.

OP
OP
Ken G

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I started there, I rarely drive it so I can't remember some specifics lol. It seems like the system partially works but not fully and I wanted to see if someone could verify whether the red led's light up during the gauge check period to give me a place to start. I don't trust people touching my cars if I can absolutely avoid it but if I'm getting into big money repairs I'm not gonna just out of pocket it and will have to settle with the dealer haha.

OP
OP
Ken G

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no they do not
Thanks! I verified on a Cadillac SRX and CTS they do and assumed the Tahoe would be the same. William, does your Tahoe audible beep when you drift "way" out of your lane (my wife hates the seat alert so it is turned off)? I assume I am just not getting close enough for the FCA to go off then and it should be working and I don't have any warning messages it was just concerning that I purposely got REALLY close quickly to the car in front and nothing happened haha and then when I noticed the lights did not come on I thought there might be a problem.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it either beeps or vibrates the seat, i have it set for beep .... the fca i have had go off and brake a bunch of times and its been close but very effective i wouldn't try and test it though, but on very few roads depending on turns i have had false alarms with the fca but not the automatic braking

OP
OP
Ken G

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, then there must still be an issue of sorts then, because the road sign will turn yellow and the LKA will activate but regardless of how far out of the lane I went it would not actually alert. Thanks for the verification!

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fca only alerts if your going to crash into another car it doesn't work with the yellow car that your following closely it

OP
OP
Ken G

Ken G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In a coincidental turn of events Tuesday evening we were in her car and kind of out of the blue it activated for a car slowing to turn in front of me which I had already seen and was not a close call in my opinion haha, but atleast I know the system is active. Thanks for all the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo