Fan shroud for electric fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikel

Reaction score
To all who are interested. I have designed a fan shroud that will hold 1 or 2 fans for my 98 tahoe. The shroud will cover the entire rear of the radiator to maximize the airflow of the fans. They will come blank meaning you cut the size/position of the hole(s) for your fan(s).

I have a guy locally who is ready to do a run. If anyone is interested I can get the price down to $80 each plus shipping if I get enough interest.

Pic of the model is below. I will check this thread for interest but emailing me at [email protected] will work as well.

Tahoe_Fan_Shroud_1998-1.jpg
Tahoe_Fan_Shroud_1998-2.jpg

OP
OP
N

nikel

Reaction score
My measurements show 32.8. What are you measuring off of? This is on a 98 tahoe with an over sized radiator.

I am going to have a single one made and install it in my truck. It will take about 1-2 weeks. I will post picks when I get it, and as I install it.

I can not seem to get a good angle on the model to really show it off.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Xtremely interested! As long as it completely seals the Rad to Both E-fans for max cooling I'M down!

OP
OP
N

nikel

Reaction score
Yes on the seal. I designed it so that the fans would produce optimum flow through the radiator. I should have the first one made in about a week and I will post pics of it in the raw. I am going to weld up the seams just to keep it tight.

It has an open hem on the botton to hook on a portion of the lower radiator, then screw/clamp on the top. The side hems should just fit into the over hand on the inside sides of the radiator core; where it meets the side tanks.

I am going to install this one and an electric water pump to see if there is any noticable benefit to reducing the drag on the engine of the current belt setup.

Also, to answer the question above about size. I can easily mode the design to handle both widths mentioned... so I guess this would not be limited to just a 98.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick Sick Sick...

Errr on the Elec WP do suggest more research on it b4 you decide to do it. If you are might as well order 2 and keep in your trunk. Really not that much of HP gain...really more for top end.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably a stupid question here, but i'll ask anyway. would having the back of the radiator sealed off except for where the fans are impede air flow with the fans off? like affecting air flow while driving to the point that the fans would have to be running full time? or am i way off there? i know that's effectively what you have with the shroud in our trucks now with the clutch fan, but the clutch fan runs full time anyway. not trying to stir the pot or anything, was just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts