Fair Price for Wrapping Trim on XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I got a quote from a guy to do all the trim on my Denali. This would include

Grille Surround (interior and emblem plastidipped)
Window Trim ( possibly the entire thing, if not just the large pieces that the dealership added on)
Running Board Trim
Roof Rail Trim
Rear Trunk Handle
Foglight Bezel

He quoted 750 including all labor and material. I know this guy does excellent work as he did my M3, and will take the time to disassemble everything so the coverage is full and nothing is scratched trying to tuck a piece of vinyl. So just curious how this stacks up to what some other people have been quoted or paid.

I am thinking a brushed black metal finish... we are going to hold up a few samples before I make my choice. I don't really want to match with just gloss black, but I don't like the chrome either.

Sideshot.jpeg

motorswin

Reaction score
not sure if this helps but i had a hood and spoiler wrapped on my camaro for 200 out the door. it wasn't that hard of a job though

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
That does help I appreciate the response. I know I am on the higher end of cost with his quote, but I have also seen some pretty terrible wrap jobs and I know he is good. I will just source a few competitive quotes, I just have not seen much of any other shop's work in person. I like inexpensive, not so big a fan of cheap.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Also, any opinions on which portions to wrap? I am kind of thinking I might leave the window surround chrome and black everything else...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme know if you decide to just replace the running board trim with just a black plastic one without the chrome piece I'll sell it to for cheap cheap. I got a mint one from my 15 Yukon I sold without it since I had replaced it with the chrome one lol.

Bighurk

Reaction score
I saw a post from someone else with a Tahoe who wrapped just the window trim matte black but I am not sure how much was paid. It actually looks really good.

Was thinking about doing the same thing but have not had time to attempt to wrap on my own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a reasonable high price is ok when job is done right.
if you are happy with this guys work from before no need to take chances with some other place .
remember if the other place quotes u $500 and ***** up the job you'll have to take it back to your original guy and pay him extra to unfix what the other place did and also pay on top
good luck

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah a valid point... definitely the reason I came back to him, I will update when I go in and make some color choices. Black... or slightly darker black haha

Reactions: toi

TOYSTRY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vinyl wrapped my interior for $40 and about 10 hours worth of labor. It was a PITA but cheap.

bmwman3241

Reaction score
I paid $800 total when I had it done in October:
$200 to plasti dip wheels black
$200 to wrap interior trim in brushed black
$400 to plasti dip grille and emblems, and wrap all the chrome (grille surround, fog surround, roof rail, window trim, door guard, assist step trim, lift gate badge and trim)

If I had to do it again, I would probably go to a different company rather than look for a lower price (even tho I went with them for being local and not having to drive too far)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper

Latest posts