Installed 305/45/22 General Grabber UHP tires on my 2018 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of the 305/45R22 especially when lowered or at least just the rear lowered and stock front. Have always been considering this tire size with the vehicle lowered there just isn't enough info on the forum or web of many people running 305/45R22 on lowered SUV's. Plenty with some people running them on stock suspension and ride height or even with a front level/lift.

305 is a pretty wide tire for the stock 9" wide rims and the increased sidewall bulge shows that some in your pictures over the OE 285/45R22 size. My bigger concern over the sidewall bulge is the potential negative impact on steering response and cornering. With the extra sidewall bulge I could see there being a potential "delay" in steering response or sometimes after a quick change in direction there's a delayed reaction or extra vehicle sway as the vehicle straitens back out due to the additional tire sidewall "absorbing" some of the response/movement from the steering wheel. I'm not sure if my description makes sense or not, but it's my best attempt.

Two Main Questions:
1. Have you noticed any increase tire rub or contact with the larger 305/45R22 tire and being lowered?
2. Do you feel any negative impacts in steering or handling response?

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two Main Questions:
1. Have you noticed any increase tire rub or contact with the larger 305/45R22 tire and being lowered?
2. Do you feel any negative impacts in steering or handling response?
I ran the same setup with same drop kit except for 20" rims on my 2008 Avalanche and I had the pie cut/plastic weld the endcaps of the electronic running boards. The Yukon electronic running boards clear. Only have slight running in tight turns but have no rubbing on my 50 mile roundtrip for work. Going on vacation tomorrow so will address the rubbing when I get back.

The steering & handling feel better than the 285 Toyo tires that were on it. Wet traction is vastly improved. Very happy so far.

My Avalanche LTZ 4x4 running 305s with a 2/3 drop.

received_602479819871756.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1,000 miles on my 305/45/22 General Grabber UHP tires with a good mix of rain, snow, hail & slush with great results even though I never took it out of RWD . My son has a 2015 Yukon Denail and both ours had Toyo tires when we bought them. On wet roads we both had to use AWD to avoid the rear from spinning on takeoff even at semi-light throttle or breaking loose on curves.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the tread wear rating on them?

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the tread wear rating on them?
320 A A but got them from Tire Rack for $600 set of 4. Got 95K miles out of those slippery Toyo tires that I was running. Hoping to get 40K out of these.

OP
OP
MrMonte

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2K mile road trip including some snow & icey conditions without any issues, even left it in RWD. With the original tires I had to put it in AWD if the roads were wet otherwise the rear tires would break loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019