Factory Stereo - speaker noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saucyjack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Getting a speaker buzz from factory speaker, sounds like engine noise. Have heard it may be a ground issue. Nothing has been added or modified from original. Ideas?

iliveinyourhead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 2011 is doing this right now its going in for service next week for them to find it before i start modding it.

also the microphone above the driver side is buzzing all the time sounds like a fly is next to my head. drives me nuts..

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay buzzing coming from the microphone? i didnt know that was possible
does the buzzing go away when you turn the volume down

does it buzz with the rpm of the engine definatly a bad ground
usually that happens with an aftermarket stereo i made the mistake of running the power and remote wire on the same side of the vehicle as the RCA cables and i could hear the alternator noise

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a microphone is just a speaker that is used in reverse, so it is susceptible to the same ground loop noises that any speaker could emit. it does sound like a ground issue, be it loose or crossed to a signal wire, and these are some of the hardest to find. is it loud enough that you could manipulate wiring harnesses around the cabin and hear a perceptible change, or is it only loud enough to hear from the driver's seat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBay Mobey

Latest posts