Factory stereo options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
b robinson

b robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, All your stereo still works as always, but you can also control your ipod, you can bluetooth it or plug it into the interfaces USB plug, that way it stays charged up too... I am not real familiar with it yet, my install of it was earlier today, but it seems like it will be great... the other thread shows my install.
By the way, is that the model number I'd need? The GM 655? I have an 03 Yukon Denali.

Also, how does this work? What do you do on the stereo to get your iPod to play? Do you have to go to a radio station or how does it work?

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You go to XM1 and move the tuner selector and you have new options, Aux, Aux2, USB, IpodBT, BT.... just turn the selector to what you want... if you had it on the ipod bluetoothed when you shut it off, next time you start, you are back on the ipod bluetoothed to it.... Yes the GM 655 is what I ordered for my 03 denali XL. You MUST have the "Band" button stereo (XM capable) for it to work... http://www.discountcarstereo.com/iSGM655.html Keep your eye on Amazon, I got mine brand new in non factory packaging (a likely returned item) for $75 delivered to my door... There is one on Amazon right now for $79 plus tax in damamged packaging....
The instructions make it sound like it kills your XM, but mine still gives me XM.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 03 yukon xl denali since 09 and have this mod. I'm about to move to aftermarket because the oem xmradio tuner does not go high enough in the channels anymore. The mod works pretty good btw

Archer04

Reaction score
I went with the Pioneer 4800, and added the sirius xm tuner for it with the install. I have a USB cord that I ran to the cubby hole beside the HVAC controls, but it gives me the best of all worlds, I can have xm, or plug up my phone to run the apps that way or listen to music, as well as have bluetooth connection to make calls or use the phone. Only issue I am having which I will trouble shoot later today or this week is I have to program the adapter to get my steering wheel controls back. They are supposed to work, but the instructions did say I may have to program it.

Archer04

Reaction score
Oh and I went one step further and purchased USB power ports, and replaced those with the standard 12v power ports that were in my tahoe. I installed a total of four through out the truck, one in the front, one in the middle console and two in the third row area. So now no matter where you are in the truck if your phone or tablet needs charging it can be done, and they are constant hot. Was a pretty easy install too, the total for 5 usb power ports was just under 40 bucks.

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a kenwood ddx374bt ready to go in my yukon. I hae had xm since 2009. I Have dashcam, backup cam playstation cb, scanner, galaxy tab 3, dell d630xfr, cigarette lighter swapped out to usb charging, currently cig blue for bluetooth till I get the new deck in. Viper alarm with smart start. I guess I could go on.

Archer04

Reaction score
There is a lot you can upgrade on these older tahoes which is one thing I love about them. I have only just begun and as much as I want to continue on the inside, I am currently focusing on finishing up the maintenance on her that was neglected by the PO. Once I have that done I will come back and start doing the other upgrades that I want to get done.